Registration open for 42nd edition of Vladimir Herzog Journalism Award
Journalists from across the country can submit their work until August 6
Journalists, illustrators and press photographers from across Brazil have until August 6 to submit their work and compete in the 42nd Vladimir Herzog Journalism Award for Amnesty and Human Rights. Considered one of Brazil’s leading journalistic distinctions, the Vladimir Herzog Award is a nationwide and annual prize that recognizes reporting work that enhances Democracy and Human Rights.
To enter, candidates must access the website of the Award, fill out the registration form and attach their work that was published or broadcast between July 21, 2019 and July 31, 2020. This year, journalistic work will be accepted in SIX categories:
1) Art – illustrations, caricatures and cartoons published in print or electronic media
2) Photography – Photograph or photographic series published in print or electronic media
3) Written journalism – Articles published in print or electronic media
4) Audio journalism – Audio reports or documentaries
5) Video journalism – Video reports or documentaries
6) Multimedia journalism – Multimedia reports published on the internet
The 42nd Vladimir Herzog Journalism Award for Amnesty and Human Rights is staged and organized by a commission formed by the following institutions: the National Federation of Journalists – FENAJ; the Union of Professional Journalists of the State of São Paulo; the Justice and Peace Commission of the Archdiocese of São Paulo; the Brazilian Press Association – ABI; the Brazilian Association of Investigative Journalism – ABRAJI; the United Nations Information Center in Brazil – UNIC Rio; the Periferia em Movimento communication group; the School of Communication and Art of the University of São Paulo – ECA/USP; the Vladimir Herzog Institute; the Federal Council of the Brazilian Bar Association; the São Paulo Chapter of the Brazilian Bar Association; Conectas Human Rights; the São Paulo State Police Ombudsman’s Office; and the Brazilian Association of Interdisciplinary Studies on Communication – Intercom.
42nd Vladimir Herzog Journalism Award for Amnesty and Human Rights
- Rules and Registration here
- Period: July 13 to August 6, 2020
- First stage of judging: August 21 to October 2, via system.
- Second stage of judging and announcement of the winners: October 17, Saturday, in a public judging session and broadcast live on the internet.
- Round Table Conversation with the Winners: October 24, Saturday, in a virtual setting.
- Award ceremony: October 25, Sunday, in a virtual setting.
For further information: www.premiovladimirherzog.org