Associação Direitos Humanos em Rede (“Conectas” or “We”) understands the importance of the duty to respect the privacy and security of the information of its users (“Users” or “You”), who use the website https://conectas.org/ (“Site”). Therefore, the use of this information is carried out in accordance with national data protection regulations, including the General Data Protection Law (Law No. 13,709/2018 – “LGPD”).
After reading this Policy, you can contact us to clarify any doubts or to exercise the rights related to your personal data. To do this, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email email@example.com.
To make it easier to read, we have prepared to table below with a brief summary of the main points covered in this Policy:
|PROCESSING AGENT||Associação Direitos Humanos em Rede
Address: Avenida Paulista 575, 19 andar, conj. 1901, Edifício Barão de Ouro Branco, Bela Vista, São Paulo, Brasil, CEP: 01.311-911.
Data Protection Officer (DPO): Fernanda Mioto
|OPTIONAL NATURE OF THE PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA||You are free to provide, or not, your personal data and, irrespective, continue browsing the Site. However, not providing personal data may prevent you from accessing some of the services offered by the Site.|
|TYPES OF PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA||Personal data provided directly by you or collected automatically. See more…|
|COMMUNICATION||Communication sent to you by Conectas, including newsletters. It is possible to unsubscribe at any time. See more…|
|PROCESSING AND RETAINING PERSONAL DATA||Purposes for which we process your personal data, how long the data will be retained and the security methods that are adopted to prevent any type of incident involving your personal data. See more…|
|SHARING||Conectas does not sell your personal data. However, we may share it with third parties. See more…|
|CONTROL OF PERSONAL DATA AND HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS||Confirm the existence of processing, and access and correction, etc. See more…|
Our Policy does not apply to services offered by third parties. Therefore, when redirected via an external link to other websites, or when purchasing products/services from third parties through this Site, we recommend a careful analysis of their privacy policies.
Optional nature of the provision of data
The User is free to use the Services offered by the Site and, when choosing to use them, Conectas will request the minimum data necessary to provide these Services. Failure to provide the minimum requested data will impede the provision of the requested Services, preventing access to the Site.
Types of processed data
Browsing data, collected automatically: during the normal functioning of the Site, some personal data may be collected due to the normal use, by Users, of Internet communication protocols. This information may include, for example, IP addresses, provider, network and device performance, browser type and operating system. It is only acquired to obtain anonymous usage statistics in order to continually improve the access and the content of the Site. This information will be deleted after processing and may be used to determine liability in the event of cybercrimes.
Data provided voluntarily by Users: when accessing the Site, the User may (i) register for the newsletter of Conectas, giving their name and email address; and/or (ii) make a donation, at which point they will be asked to provide, explicitly and voluntarily, their name, email address, mobile and landline telephone numbers, date of birth, sex, CPF tax number, nickname, full address and credit card information. As can be seen, Conectas collects as little data as possible to keep the Site functioning and ensure the quality of the Services.
Users are aware that when interacting with the Site, they may receive messages by email about Conectas, including advertising content, to promote news involving the organization. If they wish, the User may unsubscribe from receiving these communications by email or even send a message directly to our Data Protection Officer (DPO) to the email firstname.lastname@example.org. However, even if the User chooses to not receive these emails, Conectas can still send transactional emails (for example, an email related to a chosen Service) needed to facilitate the use of the Site.
Processing and retaining data
The data are processed in accordance with the law and placed in an electronic or physical database, in accordance with the purposes established in this document, and accessed by the minimum number of people necessary for the processing, all of whom are bound by duties of confidentiality and security. Basically, Conectas uses your data to:
- Serve the purpose for which it was provided: we can use the data provided to us by the User for the purpose informed at the time of the data collection. For example, we can use your identification information to enable the proper performance of the Services offered on the Site, such as checking donations, sending newsletters and email marketing with news about Conectas;
- Comply with legal or regulatory obligations: your personal data can be used to comply with obligations established by law and government regulations, the tax authorities, the Judiciary and/or any other competent authority;
- Permit the regular exercise of our rights: even after our relationship with you has ended, we can use some of your personal data to exercise our rights guaranteed by law, including as evidence in legal or administrative cases; and
- Conduct internal processing activities based on our legitimate interest: we can also process data based on our legitimate interest, at all times observing the limits of your expectations and never at the expense of your interests, rights and fundamental freedoms.
The data are stored on servers that observe international security standards and are kept for the amount of time necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected, including for the purposes of complying with any legal, contractual or accountability obligations or requests from competent authorities. Afterwards, the personal data will be deleted, unless there are other legal storage obligations.
Conectas does not sell the personal data collected on the Site or during the provision of its Services. However, we may share data with our contractors, partners and service providers for the exclusive purpose of performing these Services, based on the following criteria and for the purposes described below:
- Partners, service providers and other third parties: these companies work with Conectas to enable the provision of the Services to the User and to improve them. One example are technology services. These partners receive the personal information of the Users for the specific purpose of providing services to Conectas and they do not have the right to use this information for any other purpose;
- Court order: Conectas may share personal data in the event of a court order or when required to do so by a competent authority, under the terms of the law; and
- With the authorization of the User: In other cases not mentioned above, if we wish to share personal data and information, we will send the User notification with information regarding the reason for sharing and a request for their consent, for this specific purpose.
When visiting a website, personal information such as name, email and interests of Users are stored in a cookie. It is a common practice on the internet. Cookies help the Site to remember information about your visit, like your language preference, for example. This can make your next visit easier and the Site more useful to the User.
Control of personal data and how to exercise your rights
Conectas has a Data Protection Officer (DPO), who is available to answer questions or requests related to the information of Users. To confirm the existence of processing, to access, correct or update data or to request portability or the anonymization of unnecessary or excessive data, the customer should contact us by email at email@example.com. Your request will be analyzed and, if it is considered legitimate and applicable, it will be handled in a timely manner, respecting the legal time frame of 15 (fifteen) days from its receipt.
This Policy was last modified on September 21st 2021.